Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tattered Book Cover Event

After publishing five non-fiction books, I was ready to write my first novel. I had this great idea of writing an historical novel based on an ancient Scottish legend. One hundred thousand words later, I knew I needed help, and found it in Laura Pritchett. Every writer should have an editor who is honest and kind, gentle with criticism, and generous with praise. However, Laura is no pushover, and challenges me over and over again – which is what I need.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of getting together with Laura at The Tattered Book Cover in downtown Denver for the release of How the West Was Warmed. Laura, together with several of the forty plus writers who submitted essays, attended the launch of the book. The event hall was packed with more than seventy-five people who afterwards lined up for a copy signed by the contributors. It was a fun event and a great way to spend a snowy afternoon.